Thursday, 22 October 2009

The Supremes

 
I am just hone from an evening of glamour at the Shipley Art Gallery. The story of the Supremes has arrived in Gateshead complete with slinky, sparkly outfits from the Mary Wilson collection. Mary Wilson was friendly and looked great . I think I need to get my husband to buy me some diamonds to wear over my elbow length black gloves. Last week Alice mentioned she had got Grayson Perry's autograph, well I think I did better and here is the autograph of Mary Wilson, an original Tamla Motown legend.


There are lots of associated events  including  Shipley Lates : Fashion Fix next Friday 30th October with a talk by Fee Doran, creator of the Mrs Jones fashion label,  who has worked with Kylie, Madonna and Matthew Williamson. On Friday 27th November there is a pre-Christmas girls night out with tips and hints on wigs and make up and a chance to take on some Motown hits on the Karaoke. In the new year on Thursday 21st January there is a clothes swap and customisation evening.
More information at www.twmuseums.org.uk/shipley.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on!you totally topped me....she wrote your NAME! x

    ReplyDelete